How to apply:
- Contact the SCITT to arrange an initial meeting with the headteacher and/or applicant to discuss the Assessment Only route programme and explain the application process.
- Check entry criteria and suitability for Assessment only route.
- Complete the Assessment only route application form.
- If your application is successful a member of the SCITT team will visit the applicant’s school to explain the assessment process with the applicant and Headteacher of endorsing school.
- The applicant will present their portfolio to the SCITT team as evidence they have the ability to meet the Teachers’ Standards, this will also include a formal lesson observation. Payment of £450 will need to be paid to the SCITT prior to this visit.
- Successful assessment of the evidence portfolio and formal interview will result in an offer to complete their teacher training through the assessment only route. Payment of £1800 will need to be paid to the SCITT once the offer has been confirmed and accepted.
- The trainee will then begin a three-month period of assessed teaching practice in their school setting. During this time, you will be observed weekly by your assigned school mentor and receive up to 2 visits from a member of the SCITTs QI tutor team.
- The final assessment visit will take place and the trainee will be put forward to the SCITT Strategic Board for the recommendation of QTS.