Who is Early Years Initial Teacher Training for?
EYITT leads to Early Years Teacher Status and is designed for those who wish to specialise in early childhood development work with children across the birth to five age range.
This training is suitable for:
- Graduate early years practitioners who may work in a range of settings across the birth to five sector, including nurseries, schools, home-based settings
- Graduates who want to join the early years sector
- Full-time undergraduates on Early Childhood Studies degree programmes
The following entry requirements must be met:
- GCSE Grade C and above (or recognised equivalent) in maths, English and science
- A degree on entry – the degree can be from any area of study.
If your English or maths GCSE (or equivalent) was taken from 2017 onwards and is graded 1-9 you should check the Ofqual grading summary to confirm if your qualification meets the entry requirements.
Additionally, if you are applying for the Graduate Entry route, you are required to complete 20 voluntary days within an early years setting prior to being interviewed. You will be asked to produce evidence of days completed at the interview stage.Apply for EYITT