How is EYITT delivered?
There are two funded routes to Early Years Teacher Status, both of 12 months duration. Both routes require a degree on entry, as well as GCSE in English, maths and science at grade C or above.
Route 1. Graduate Entry Route (GE) – 12 months, full-time
Funded places are available, and from September 2019 the following bursaries are also available:
- £5,000 for a graduate with a first-class degree
- £4,000 for a graduate with a 2:1 degree
- £2,000 for a graduate with a 2:2 degree
Route 2. Graduate Employment-based Route (GEB) – 12 months, part-time
This route is for graduates who are either:
- already employed in an early years setting/early years department of a school
- newly recruited to an early years setting to undertake Early Years Initial Teacher Training through an employment-based route
A £7,000 employer incentive is available to cover release and other costs paid in three instalments.
Apply for EYITT