Personal Statement and Reference
- The personal statement demonstrates a commitment to teaching.
- There is evidence of work in more than one school and that some of this work has been voluntary. This experience has been reflected on.
- There is evidence of other experiences that have promoted personal development, for example previous work or career, helping with voluntary organisations such as Scouts or Guides, charities or other experiences.
- The personal statement is articulate and interesting and is grammatically sound.
- The reference is very positive in terms of academic achievement and highly recommends applicant for teaching.
- The reference describes the applicant’s personal qualities and attributes.
- The reference outlines prior experience in the classroom or other educational setting.