The SCITT Team carefully screen applications for suitability for our teacher training courses. If applicants are successful, they will be invited to interview.
If an applicant cannot attend the specified interview date, an alternative date may be given, subject to places remaining.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking to recruit talented candidates who have the qualities and attributes suited to a career in teaching and the drive and ambition to make it happen.
The sorts of personal qualities we are looking for are:
- A friendly and approachable nature
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisation and time management
- A passion for your subject
- A positive outlook
- A creative and innovative approach
- The ability to reflect on and improve practice
- Potential leadership capabilities
- Resilience to meet the demands of a challenging but reward career in teaching