UCAS application forms are carefully screened to select applicants for interview. Course Leaders will consider how much recent experience applicants have had in secondary/primary schools, academic qualifications including predictions, personal qualities and suitability for teaching, additional interests and experiences. Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
If an applicant cannot attend the specified interview date, an alternative date may be given, subject to places remaining.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking to recruit talented candidates who have the qualities and attributes suited to a career in teaching and the drive and ambition to make it happen.
The sorts of personal qualities we are looking for are:
- A friendly and approachable nature
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisation and time management
- A passion for your subject
- A positive outlook
- A creative and innovative approach
- The ability to reflect on and improve practice
- Potential leadership capabilities
- Resilience to meet the demands of a challenging but reward career in teaching